Baleal nightlife – guilty for ruining morning surf session every day. With beers for 1€, drinks für 3€ and Caipirinhas for 4€ one can still enjoy a night out.
Those are the best bars in Baleal:
- The Base: The bar in our surf school is the best place to enjoy a real cocktail before heading out. The legendary Sunset-Sessions fill up the space quickly. Check Fabi’s Facebook for party dates.
- Brunos Bar: Once Baleal’s legendary night club. Nowadays only parties on special occasions and during the Rip Curl Pro
- Bar da Praia: Kids’ party with Aprés Ski music on weekends., but usually ok DJs during the week. Simply the best location right on the beach.
- Danau: Usually the best location to dance.
- Baleal Cocktail: Surfcamp parties on Tuesdays and the place to warm up.
- Game Club: Not the best decorated place in Baleal, but cheap local booze and bottled beers for €1. Food until 3 am. What more do you need.
- Surfers Lodge: Sunset parties with good electro sound on the roof top, but drinks are not cheap.
After dinner every night starts in Bairro Alto. Countless little bars cover the narrow streets of the “upper barrio”. Only with bad weather people actually stay inside the bars. The action is in the streets.
In best Bali style flying vendors will try to sell you everything from sunglasses to veggie burgers and drugs. But don’t get too excited. You wont score and real drugs, but you will get you robbed.
When the doors in Kairo Alto close around 1 or 2 the party at Cais de Sodré starts. 5 minutes by foot down towards the river the clubs open until early morning.
Pensão d’Amor used to be a brothel and is now one of the best decorated bars in town. A must see.
The best club in town is still Lux where all the big DJs play. Show up in the company of some females, man.
In most Portuguese clubs you don’t need to be well dressed. Black shoes are not a must, but don’t show up like a bum.
And no matter where in Lisbon: Don’t walk home alone. Taxis are cheap.